View Single Post
Old 04-13-2003, 10:07 PM   #52
Sadbh
Haunting Spirit

Sadbh has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

She was cold as she knelt over her husbands from. He and two others had been dragged o the small clearing in the woods, bleeding and unconcious. Besides Herlion she knew the eldest of them all, the old man called Garodin. The other was a stranger to her. Aglarel still clutched at her skirt, crying miserably, face and small hands dirty.

Thoronhen screamed mournfully, drawing malicious glances from their animalistic captors. Arching over Aglarel's fine-haired head, she wiped her sleeving over the stranger's blood-stained brow. A slight groan brought her attention back to herlion. For a second, his eyes seemed to open. She grasped his hand tighter and for a second she smiled. Then Herlion was plunged into darkness again.

Dragging a free hand across her eyes, she tended to the babe in her lap for a second, giving her and Thoronhen to the little child's mother.

As she heard footsteps behind her she turned, to see Farien, whom she knew well.

"Is there anything I could do to help?" She whispered face lined with concern.

"Not as I see. There's nothing we may do at the moment. I have no medicines, no water, even. Nothing." Iavas sh=ighed in unhappy frustration.