Thread: Funniest Lines
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2003, 05:02 PM   #6
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Sting

Those were some of the ones that I liked too, definitely. Here are some more:in the beginning of the extended version, Bilbo is writing in his book. I rather liked this exerpt (did I spell that right?): "In fact, it has been remarked by some that Hobbits' only real passion is for food. A rather unfair observation, as we have also developed a keen interest in the brewing of ales and the smoking of pipe-weed."<BR>Also in the estended version: Frodo: "Half the Shire's been invited. And the rest of them are turning up anyway." I also find it a bit funny now (though not at the point when I was watching it for the first time)that the hobbits were basically running underneath the Black Rider's horse at one point, and he didn't catch tham, and that Frodo, a hobbit, accomplished such a leap that a rare Man could. Another: Boromir: The shards of Narsil! The blade that cut the ring from Sauron's hand! <Boromir runs his finger up the blade and cuts himself><BR>Boromir: <in amazement> It's still sharp!<BR>I like the <in amazement> part- I mean, no matter how old it is, you would expect a sword to be at least <I>slightly</I> sharp. Okay, I won't put anymore in in this post.