View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 01:37 PM   #9
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Ahem..... one rather spectacular omission Formy, and considering that PJ nicked her name for his first essai into souping up the elf woman quotient.

Not exactly peripheral is she, heiress to Gondolin, Idril Celebrindal, beautiful, beloved and brave. Noble and wise enough to keep her own counsel and prepare an emergency exit and so save at least some of her people. And tried again to aid them by sailing west.

She is one of my favourite characters and too often gets overlooked. But maybe not, for all his faults by PJ, since he gave screen Arwen her great grandmother's sword.

Lee Pace is infact 2 years younger than Orlando Bloom and the same age as Evangeline Lilly]

Because PJ has not much in the way of subtlety Thranduil will need someone to talk to to express his thoughts on the untrustworthiness of Dwarves... it could be his son of course or it could be Tauriel missus....

Or Tauriel could be an exasperated royal housekeeper who can't understand why stuff keeps disappearing from her kitchen.
Several good points here, Mithalwen! I had no idea that Thranduilee is Younger than The Golden Orlie?? (Blink, blink.) Whatever.... Okay.

And the Idril reminder is very well considered. She was a mover of men.

I love the exasperated housekeeper idea. There's real room for creativity there. What might she not do? Even if she is nought but a serving maid it would be her responsibility to report such a breach of security to her chain of command. Meaning: Thranduil, and if she can't find him, well, the prince is the next best thing. Ah-hah. And of course the local housekeeper ought to have something to do with the (broken-hearted? butler?