View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #141
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
Raise your hand if you know precisely who is a true orc and thus deserving of your vote.

Of course they don't know my alignment! Who knows anyone's alignment?! I mean, really, what a meaningless comment to make. Voting for me is no different than voting for anyone else, other than the fact that I am more likely than most to show up and vote and be vocal and vote according to a plan.
Not entirely untrue, but definitely taken out of context. Phantom - it seems pretty clear to me that Lommy was talking about how early Sally and Lottie both threw away their vote onto you for no reason (they can quote statistics all they like, I have yet to see an actual full-fledged reason for them other than the fact that, well, you're you).

Quote:
I even got the vote train rolling, which is of course about the most important thing we'll be looking at in this contest.
I don't believe you did. Just because the votes were for you, it doesn't follow that you started the entire thing, so I think you're attributing a bit much to your own good self, as usual.

(Sidenote: It's hard for me to be genuinely angry at Phantom after having met the guy, but man, he does frustrate me sometimes. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
It's not a meaningless comment. She's right. At least Sally threw her vote to you directly without hearing anything from anybody else. In Day 1 there are definitely ways to get ideas or hunches about people, and she didn't even wait for that. You and Sally treat Day 1 as though it were a perfect waste, and Lommy treats it as though it were not, and you bash her for it. Sir, we may all be 'evil orcs' but I'm getting a feeling that you're more evil than the rest of us, because you're willing to trample on people and their ideas.

But it IS clear-cut, Phantom. People should wait and let their ignorance be enlightened if at all possible before voting.
And he IS right about not voting in ignorance. Absolutely he's right. To not vote is idiotic, but to vote blindly and out of ignorance is even worse.
I really like this post of Rune's. He seems more clearheaded and focused than I usually see him (take this with a grain of salt as it's been ages since I played with the man), and I like it.

Quote:
You know better than this, Boro. To vote for me at that stage was frankly quite impressive in some ways. On one hand, it displays a "Might as well" attitude, which shows nerve as well as an understanding of where we are on this first day. And also, it fed in nicely to the underlying motive which was simply to create discussion and get the ball rolling.
Wrong, wrong, wrong on all counts. "Impressive"? Really? Would you be saying the same thing had Sally and Lottie voted someone like, say, Folwren? A 'might as well attitude' shows 'nerve'? I think not, it pretty clearly shows that Sally and Lottie don't really feel like playing before Day 2 starts (which, in a sidenote, also makes it look like they are sure they'll be around for said Day 2... something to consider). An 'understanding of where we are on this first day'? Coming from you, that translates to "Vote for Phantom because today won't matter and it will be amusing!" Well, so what? While amusing the moddesses would be a happy side effect of playing this game, I personally am here to win. So are you, so you've said, which makes me wonder if there's not some sort of contradiction here.

Greenie's #83 probably sums this up more succinctly than I have, but I'm typing my replies as I see posts. Speaking of Greenie, she's another one I like today.

Given all this, though, I do think Phantom has a point here, re: Inzil:

Quote:
You agreed way too quickly to something that is not nearly so clear cut as you put forth, and your suggestion of not voting, well... I really don't like it. If all the SoE are voting for each other, encouraging others to sit on their votes would be a great way to gain larger sway over the lynch.
And Inzil's defense here -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
I didn't suggest not voting as a practice, but I find it preferable to making a random one without examining as many people as possible. And I also said anyone not voting should be held accountable and made to explain.
...I don't know, something just seems wrong with it. I think it's the "and I also said" that is pinging my radar, as if Inzil is, I don't know, trying to please everyone, which is an Elf trademark.

Quote:
But what's so wrong about voting before you have a hunch on this day?! Seriously, what are the odds you'll get a halfway strong leaning, and what are the odds it will be right? Not to mention, most of the people throwing suspicion around right now are doing so based upon the early voting and reactions to it! If everyone followed your advice (and not voted), we'd be back at square one as far as suspicions!
Simple. How are we to analyze votes tomorrow were everyone to say "oh, disregard yesterday's vote, it was simply random"? It's insanely easy for a wolf to hide behind such a move, and it gets the town nowhere with analyses and such. I fail to see why you wish to deny information to the town, Phantom.

Just saw Mira's vote at #103, and while frustrating... it really doesn't surprise me too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Phantom, I'm curious - are you going to be at all flattered when you become a rep only because people voted for you without thinking?
Hahaha, I love this person (guy? girl?).

Quote:
Don't act like those early voters made some sort of serious sacrifice by voting early. They didn't vote stupidly- they voted differently.
Voting for someone based solely on the strength of A) their personality and B) what they've done in past games is stupid, sorry. I love Sally and Lottie to pieces, but it was.

I wonder - was there anything in the rules about not voting ourselves? I should go check that.

Right now my vote could go to Rune, Nerwen, Lommy, Greenie, or Izzy. I need to think a bit more. I could also vote myself.

Edit: X'ed since Eonwe's vote (I think).
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote