Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 11:47 AM   #2575
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took View Post
Gil-Galad ... were the three given to him before at least one was passed on to Cirdan?

LAD plus GAL plus IG.
Precisely so! I believe he wielded Vilya before giving it to Elrond.

1. SAURON Finnish invention replaced article with conjunction, tangled lord.
2. ESIWMAS Hobbit's reflection confuses action and location of fish.
3. ANNATAR Rodent jumped back after girl beguiled Elves.
4. GIL-GALAD Small big boy girl puzzled king.
5. BILBO I replaced you in plant part before exclamation was heard by hobbit.
6. DEAGOL Leave in the middle of a bargain? Don't want to share assets.
7. ALATARIEL Science fiction princess lies back on top of sacrificial table for a crowned maiden.
8. THARKUN One of stone folk stumbles over nomad wizard.
9. NERWEN Revive muddled point, get near-palindrome.
10. CELEBRIMBOR Dazed, cropped element joins thankless star for smith.

The list of names that didn't make it into the password was about twice as long as the password itself, and included a couple Dwarves. I've tried rearranging the password so many times to get more variety into it, but this is the best I was able to come up with, and even so, I had to reverse a name to make it fit. Gah! Maybe I should pick shorter words or better themes in the future.

Urwen, you've guessed the actual letters of the password, so I guess the thread goes to you (but kudos to Pervinca for getting the theme). The floor is yours.