View Single Post
Old 01-22-2001, 03:50 AM   #23
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Shade of Carn Dûm
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
elves and men

I do picture along w/ durelen[if I understand him cor.] a sort of super "of the rings of power and the [second &] third age", not everything can be fit into this format [numenor would be specificaly excluded] , and I would guess that is 1 reason JRRT had ,essys, a tale of years and longer stories. However , a more fleshed out version seems def. possible containg the larger narratives [ galdriel, gladden fields, filled in by the TOY/ rings of power material. I personally find the TOY format very unsatisfying , and I wonder if he used it just to keep track of the many webs he was weaving simaltaneously?

This is an idea [of the rings 2/3 age] which,obviously has yet to be scrutinized closely.

lindil

</p>

finally found the gender bend! sorry D.

[ February 17, 2003: Message edited by: lindil ]
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote