Thread: The Summons RPG
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2003, 08:30 PM   #11
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Islist walked between his horse and his tent, preparing to leave as soon as possible. As he started to add his provision bags, a sound of galloping horses came through the small camp. His father, Grod, and his men were back.

The horses stopped short os Islist's tent. The ranger scanned the horses, his father's was there, but the man himself wasn't. The rangers quickly dismounted and took someone into the hospital tent. He knew who it was, his father. Islist rushed over to see him. Grod lay on a bed, a large sword wound in his left shoulder.

"Father, are you allright? What happened?" Islist asked.

"I'm fine son. Just a little cut on me arm. Nothin' much. So, why you packing?" he said in his usual cheerfu tone.

"Elrond sent a letter, we must go aid the heir, Lord Aragorn. We leave tommorow. I thought you would be able to come after you arrived, guess not."

"Don't worry. As soon as this heals up, I'll bring my party to aid you. You best not waste your time here, you've got to pack. Run along now."

"Heal fast. Goodbye father," with that he left the tent.

He arrived back at his tent and went back to his packing.When he had finished, he walked to the center of the town. As he passed them, he told the members of his party to come with him. Soon they were all there.

Islist jumped on a beer barrel and started, "Every one, we leave at this time tomorow. Actually, meet here at sunset. We shall leave then. Tonight, get every thing packed on your horse, then strip it down. Keep it in a pile inside your tents. Remember how it went on. Tomorow I want you all to rest and say goodbye to the others not coming. You are coming because of your skills and loyalty. We need no other rangers. The ones that have just arrived will come as soon as possible. The time to get more rangers is too great, so we must not try. I expect you all to be on time, and any one who is not is left. Do I make my self clear?"

"Yes sir," they all answered together.

Islist's stern face suddenly turned to a smile and said, "Now, let's celebrate one last night," and he jumped off the barrel, grabbed mugs, and within minutes had every one a mug of dwarven malt beer.

[ May 27, 2003: Message edited by: Burzdol ]