View Single Post
Old 09-27-2003, 03:30 PM   #293
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
(Originally posted by Sulwen) 1. do all the lil icon at the top (i.e. the sword, pipe, sheild, etc.) have a meaning or do you just pick your favorite???
2. how did ya'll get your aviater pics up next to your names??
3. how do get become (for lack of a better word) un-dead..lol..and how can i give people ratings???
Before we start, I'd like to suggest that you read the Forum FAQ: just go back to the Novice and Newcomers screen. It will explain a lot.

1. Just pick whatever you'd like, some people always pick the same one, others pick one that is most relevant to their topic, or you can choose at random for each post.

2. Click the "My Profile" link at the top of the screen, click "View/Update Profile" and go down to the text box with a big 'OR' directly above it. Find yourself an avatar and enter the URL in that box. Also, if you explore the other text fields, you can provide others with information such as your occupation, location, AIM ID, and a three line (or less) quote of your choice to be displayed after every post (at your discression).

3A. One never becomes undead unless their membership is revoked (which is not a good thing). As you progress as a member of the Downs, you will sink to greater levels of death: Animated Skeleton, Wight, Shade of Carn Dum, and Ghost Prince of Cardolan. You can get your own personal title after five hundred posts, but more is said about that in the FAQ.

3B. To rate another member, click on the "rate member" link below their avatar. Then their profile will come up, and in the top right will be the rating scale from which you choose.

Note: I hope you enjoy the downs despite my dry post, and don't worry: there are much more interesting people here than I. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] However, most members (and all moderators) would ask that you refrain from using chat style language in your posts.

Welcome again,
Iarwain

P.S. Before you do anything, read the FAQ!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

P.P.S. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to private message me.