View Single Post
Old 05-30-2003, 01:31 PM   #156
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Nuru sighed a gave a little shrug. "Well, as I haven't yet had time to think on it, I can only tell one tale, mainly known as the most boring tale anyone can tell: the story of my life." She laughed. "But I promise after I have some time to think, I can tell something much more interesting.

"Now, where to begin? Most cannot remember when they were mere infants, but many are told what their life was like. I was not told. As far as I know, I was raised by Rinnanwen of Lothlorien, and my parents are either dead or have crossed over the sea, or do not care about. I was only told that Rinnanwen found me in the Golden Wood and took pity on me, and raised me.

"I could not enjoy life at Lothlorien as much as other Elves. I have heard that it is the fairest of all Elven cities, and that many dream to go there. My dream was to leave. Rinnanwen sensed this and, being compassionate, said farewell and sent me to Rivendell, where begin the most beautiful days of my life... and the most horrible.

"Beautiful, for I loved that place more than any other, but horrible because some Elves were not so kind to a traveller. Girithtil was her name, and her nature matched it perfectly. She was as cold and uncaring as the most freezing winter. She totured me, mocking me in every way she could, laughing at me, and worst of all... she was cruel to my horse. I doubt if I could have survived it if I hadn't met Nicrabanwen, another Elf who was kind and sympathetic towards me. We found we had much in common, the main thing being that Girithtil despised us both.

Nurumaiel paused and looked about her. "Shall I continue?" she asked. "Or have you become weary of my tale?"