View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 11:34 AM   #181
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
No need to apologise! Congratulations! Assuming that Master Envinyatar's Real Life continues to take priority, shall we do something with the fathers back in Bree. I feel I should do something that end...

I did think that Bryn might have taken some fireworks to signal back to base but if it is snowing again they wouldn't be seen so I guess they will be sweating it out.

As for a final fright... I was reading some stuff about Herne the Hunter which led to finding about "the Wild Hunt" ... it would be about the right time of the year - in the UK it was meant to happen around Halloween though elsewhere it would be Yule:
"When the winter winds blow and the Yule fires are lit, it is best to stay indoors, safely shut away from the dark paths and the wild heaths. Those who wander out by themselves during the Yule-nights may hear a sudden rustling through the tops of the trees - a rustling that might be the wind, though the rest of the wood is still.

"But then the barking of dogs fills the air, and the host of wild souls sweeps down, fire flashing from the eyes of the black hounds and the hooves of the black horses"

It seems it needn't be personally fatal to the obsever if they avoid looking at it but is a harbinger of fairly major disaster like war or pestilence and since we are at the point where Sauron is searching the Anduin and Bilbo is shortly to go off on his adventures it might be relevant. Anyway .let me know what you think.....at least I think they need a meal first ..I found it quite scary and they might lose their appetites.... Which reminds me I am expected elsewhere for supper... laters...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace