View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 03:12 PM   #3950
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaug's voice View Post
But my actual love has always been The Silmarillion. Definitely not the way Tolkien would have wanted it published, but even the little bite CT gives us from his father's vast compendium of drafts is just extremely satisfying. It works in so many different ways. And I firmly believe, Tolkien outdid Shakespeare in the Children of Hurin.
Welcome to the Downs, Smaug's voice! I share your opinion of The Sil and COH. I also love them both above the other works of JRRT that I've read. (And I haven't read much of the additional material either)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaug's voice
In my opinion of course, and I know I am in the vast minority here. No shame in that.
We may disagree on that, but I would respect a good friendly opposition (not "Figwit OMG!!!<3" style ).

So once again, welcome to the Downs!