View Single Post
Old 07-03-2002, 10:17 AM   #30
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

OOC: Veritas is gone on holiday for a bit, but said I could write her into the story.

Veritas ran up the steps to the wheeldeck to see if she could help. She arrived just in time to see the dragon overtaken by the motion of the ship.

Pio and Bird looked just on the verge of telling the sorry wyrm that she had gotten exactly what she deserved, but Veritas cut them off with a look.

She went to the dragon, whose color had returned to its normal, albeit paler, shade of gold and picked her up in her arms. Holding her close, she whispered a few calming words to the small beast.

Approaching the two at the wheel, she admonished them for their words and actions toward Angara.

'Have you no regard for this Venerable Wyrm!', she said. 'This Agéd & Most Wise Creature was here long before any of us first drew breath. We owe her our respect and our courtesy.' Her eyes twinkled at the two.

Angara revelled in Veritas' words. Here finally was an elf who understood her.

Pio and Bird took their cue and bowed deeply to the dragon, making apology for their conduct. Pio asked in her most humble manner if the Great One might see fit to help them now on their quest, before these poor benighted companions wandered off willy-nilly through the ages and into unknown waters and were lost beyond all hope.

Angara dipped her head toward the two, like royalty acknowledging her subjects.

'Come, Angara,' said Veritas to her, 'let us go down and see if we can find something to settle your stomach.'