Thread: Giggles
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 02:41 PM   #84
Amrod the Hunter
Haunting Spirit

Amrod the Hunter has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Amrod the Hunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Very possibly I'm in the minority. But I found the Gimli of the books, Galadriel's courtly knight, hilarious, while being articulate and moving. His interaction with Eomer was among the highlights of the books for me. The contrast between his extreme charm and his gruff exterior was in itself far funnier than all the gaseous activity in the world.
You're not in the minority,Gimli was great in the books,but I like humour so I liked him also in the movie.ACtualy,it was suprising that PJ didn't show what Gimli thought of Galadriel,it is really great when he changes his attitude towards elves when he sees Galadriel.
And about Legolas-he wasn't really talked about so much in the books,and it should have stayed that way.Orlando Bloom maybe was a good chooice for Legolas (I'm saying this because if I say he's a bad acter,I'll probably be beaten to death ) but I don't know....he really isn't the character he was in the books.I liked Boromir more then Legolas in the movie,because Boromir was...well,Boromir,if you know what I mean.And Legolas isn't good because it isn't the real Legolas.It is some charmer that has no regrets,knows no sorrows and so on.And that scene when he can sense that Sauron is focused on their location is just awful.What is he,some special sort of wizard or shaman?So,I liked Gimli in both movies and the books,but I really didn't like Legolas in the movie.They should have read the whole book to get some idea of what's Legolas like.