View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 07:42 AM   #91
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
And so was it decided that Eomer of the Rohirrim would be the day's scapegoat.

"What is wrong with you people!?" he cried out in a pained voice, leaning nonchalantly on the edge of the village well. "Can't you see that I'm innocent? And besides that... I'm too handsome to die."

"You know," several of the village lasses murmered, "he has a point."

"Yes, you see? I'm innocent!"

"No 'Mer, you're gorgeous. There's a difference."

"I've a solution," growled one of the more stubborn villagers (a jealous man, to be honest). "We take this here tartan sack, and we put it over his head."

Swiftly this course of action was agreed on. T'would be rather easier to kill him if they did not have to see his handsome face, pleading eyes, and rather innocent-looking demeanor. As a group, they surrounded Eomer.

"Wait... how is this going to work?" he asked, looking nervously at the well behind him. "I have a profound fear of drowning." he revealed. "I have nightmares of it. It's like it happened in a past life or something. What are you doing?" His questions grew increasingly panicked. "Wait... lynching... hanging. You should hang me. Or stone me. I've got a pitchfork at home if you'd prefer it!"

Growing weary of his cries, an impatient villager embraced him calmly, whispering in his ear that it would all be all right. With that, the villager pushed Eomer backwards, watching him fall with a clatter to the bottom of the well. As he fell, the tartan sack (a kilt, actually, but they're so versitile) fell away from his eyes. His last view of the world was that of the lid eclipsing the sun.

A short time later, the villagers pulled the lid aside to see the consequences of their first mobbing. Far away in the depths they could see a body floating face down. No signs of abnormal strength had been displayed. No monstrous transformations had broken the bond. Eomer of the Rohirrim had been naught but a simple villager, and now he was dead.

NIGHT has begun. Werewolves, you may PM. Sherriffs, you may not. The Seer needs to get me a name, the Hunter needs to get me a name, the Ranger needs to get me a name, the Mytho needs to get me a name. Once the wolves have made a decision, they also need to get me a name.