View Single Post
Old 03-22-2004, 04:44 PM   #369
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Shield Fantasy is Your Friend!

Eek! Just as I was getting used to the old layout!
I've grown up with fantasy as a part of me. When asked (in 2nd grade) if trees could talk, without hesitation I said "yes," even before I read about the ents in LOTR. Needless to say, I would probably give you the exact same answer!

Anyways, here are some of my fantasy faves:

1) The Chronicles of Narnia: I read these when I was younger, and I liked them a lot. I havn't read them recently though...hmmm...*scribbles something on already large "To Do" list*

2) His Dark Materials: Yes, it seemed a bit blasphemous to me to (or at least to my religion). It was very good writing/plot. However, to my consternation, i recently picked up these books and found them mindnumbingly boring. I don't know what happened, but I didn't get past the middle of chapter two.

3) The Magic Circle and The Circle Opens Series: I found these books wonderful and facinating! I have yet to read Pierce's other books, but I can't wait to do so! A very highly recommended read!

4) The Edge Chronicles: Home to my most favorite book character ever: Twig! (I know, not LOTR, but he's so cool!) THese books are amazing! Plus, they have illustrations here and there, spattered across the pages, making it an easy and enjoyable read.

5) The Enchanted Forest Chronicles: For younger readers, but I take every chance to read them to my sisters. A twist on your average fairy tale!

And lastly,

6) Faerie Wars: Very enchanting book. Newly published (I think). Wonderful!

Well, I think that's quite enough for the moment! Bye Bye!