Thread: ATM II RPG
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 11:46 AM   #310
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
When Aimè left Alli momentarily, she spared no time for logic and went off on her own. She stumbled over bones and managed to leave the tomb without anybody seeing; an impressive feat, given her own Sight was a bit off kilter.

She walked on two planes. In one, her boot lace snagged on a jaw and it crackled along behind her. In the other, stars shone brightly all around her and it wasn't so much as she walked as that she floated very calmly and certainly in the center of the universe. Illamatar was by her.

As her hroa fumbled into the night, her fea was, quite frankly, pretty chill.

When Aimè returned, his reaction went unnoticed by Alli's lack of proximity.

"Illamatar, why have you forsaken us?"

"I haven't. Do you doubt me?"

"I can't see."

"You're looking at me."

"Illamatar, that isn't fair. Why have my dreams disappeared? I used to know everything. I was the ideal spymaster. It was the economy of Mordor, for your sake. I didn't need spies, I just employed them. All of them. I shuffled papers and had Lola schedule and break appointments for me, and all of my workers had steady jobs and steady pay. None of them needed to work, I already had all of the information."

"You're whining."

"It was so easy! What did I do wrong? Why did you take away my dreams? The entirety of Mordor is ready to collapse! We're on the brink of war! Look--" She gestured to the reality in which her body lay sprawled over damp earth where she had tripped over a headstone. From their otherworldly vantage point, it was clear that the Ambassadors were surrounded.

Smilog and Co. strove with various wizards. Panakeia was busy with Anakron-istic love stuff. Angawen was... well... no sense in repeating the obvious. They were all busy, and they were all being closed in on by were-creatures of every make and model. Thunder boomed. Things were grim. The wizards cackled.

Hundreds of miles away, a surprise ending was beginning to occur. Roggie, King of Mordor, was ushering a cloaked stranger into his office, gesturing toward the warm fire.

In the cemetery, the sounds of howls kept getting louder. And louder. And more dangerous.

"Illamatar... why have you let the Blue Wizards do this to us?"

"I was bored."

Alli shrugged. It kind of made sense, after all. "But... we're all going to die--?"

The All-Mighty baaed.

Back on Middle Earth, Alli opened her eyes to find Tom Felton looking into them.