View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 04:27 PM   #132
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Grrralph shook his hood sadly. "They sang so nicely," he lisped with regret. Merisu nodded in agreement and bowed her head in respect for the former and now ex-Zerls. Vogonwë seemed to be overwhelmed with emotion. His hair appeared almost limp and his lower lip quivered dangerously. Grrralph, noticing that Vogonwë was on the verge of an emotional display, walked over and lifted the Workmudian by his lapels. "Don't even think of crying," he said in a deep voice. Vogonwë, showing prudent restraint, sucked his lower lip in and bit it with his teeth.

"Ai! Ai!" cried Kuruharan. "A choir like that would have been worth a fortune on the retirement circuit!" He turned to face his comrade-in-wings and shouted, "Why don't you just burn down the entire forest while you're at it?"

Chrysophylax, understandably confused and deeply depressed to boot, nodded his head, eager to please his friend. "OK," he replied as he began to twist his bulk around so that he could head back up the tunnel. "NO!" cried the Itship as one. The dragon halted, now even more confused. "You don't want me to burn down the forest?" he asked. "No," answered the Dwarf. "I mean yes....I mean...don't burn anything right now."

"What's done is done," commented Earnur. "And they did kidnap Vogonwë." He looked about at the dozens of deep-fried Zerls and shook his head. "Their passing should not be for nothing though."

"Right," added Pimpiowyn. "It would be a shame if there were no purpose for their deaths."

"Right," chimed in Orogarn Two. "Waste not want not."

"Right," interjected Earnur, concluding that it was his turn to speak again. "Who has the barbeque sauce?"

"Right," answered Pimpi. "Right here..."