View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 05:55 AM   #287
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
I thought Aedhel was in the Hall with everybody else...I'll reread when I have more time (must go to work) and fix what needs to be fixed.

As for the other door, I assumed that door was into the inner courtyard. As the Inn was built in the middle of a city, I figured the entire building was designed to maximize the space of the inner courtyard, and that there probably wasn't much space between the building and its neighbors. After all, the door leading into the Mead Hall was blocked off already, as no one was allowed to enter there, and the tent-Hall was in the inner courtyard...so there must have been an inner courtyard door to facilitate meals. The inner courtyard must have been surprisingly large to a traveler who'd been trudging through a tight-packed medieval city. I wondered if the Inn was backed right up to the edge of Edoras, but I doubt there would be any doors out that way, it would seriously undermine the defense of the city.

Anyway, must run.