View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 01:17 PM   #657
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
I plan on keeping Erebemlin's involvement at the battleground minimal; his heart is back with Taitheneb and Mellondu-Amroth, and he will return to them as quickly as he may.

Most of Mellondu's energies right now are involved in keeping Amroth subdued and submerged.

Amroth is quite annoyed about this, but he has pushed the boy's body perilously close to death, and realises he is walking a fine line between the the wreckage of his quest at Tharonwe's hands, or the final end of his quest at Mellondu's death. He is laying low. If he tries hard to resurface, Mellondu's fever will spike into delirium.

I would guess that Liornung and Ędegard will be with Erebemlin helping Leafa? I left room for that, or tried to.

Erundil is at odds, at the moment. He may be the only person there with a somewhat objective view of things.

I don't imagine that they would want to bury poor Gwyllion in the swamp; they would want to get her to dry ground. The horses, however, have been run to the limit of their endurance; they must rest. If I were leading the company, I'd give them a full day, perhaps two (and I'd be annoyed with Amroth and the elves for pushing them.)

Given that it is winter, December, the ground will be hard in many places and they would have to search for a very sunny spot if they were to bury Gwyllion; a cairn might be a better option.

However, since it is December, keeping Gwyllion above ground for a day or two in the freezing temperatures won't be a problem; I imagine they would shroud her in a blanket and perhaps tie her onto a horse (unless they can cut some branches somewhere and make a travis?)

Between burying Gwyllion, keeping Mellondu alive, and getting everyone else treated and healed up, the band has quite a lot to do. I doubt they'll take the time to bury the twenty dead merlocks? And the other twenty merlocks are still at large (although those are now well-fed, having consumed their fallen companion, and will be even better fed once the band leaves the battlefield.