View Single Post
Old 11-24-2003, 02:44 PM   #159
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
The Eye

Here is my post Nova. Please paste it for me. You know where it should be pasted, right? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

"But it says..." Tanroth said in a tin voice to the man. Firiel nodded. "Yes, it says that we should have nine horses, sinces we are a company of nine elves." Firiel explained to the man.

"Yes, but you've already picked up two of 'em." The man replied, now seeming a bit grumpy about the whole case. They weren't going to fool him, what did they think? That he was stupid? Oh, no. There had already been two elves picking up two horses.

"What?" Firiel and Tanroth said at the same time, both seeming very surprised over what Garton said. "Two people picked up horses earlier!" Garton said irritated.

"Earlier? When?" Firiel asked again. "I don't know exactly when it was. It was probably 2-3 days ago. It was very dark that evening so I didn't see the two persons properly. They just said that they had "ordered" horses, and I gave them to 'em." Garton said now turning away from the elves. He seemed even more irritated.

"What are we going to do now?" Firiel sighed. She looked at Tanroth then at Rostion. Rostion and Imthôlinon hadn't said much yet; they seemed to be in deep thought.

"Let’s get back to the Inn, tell the others about the situation, and then return to pick up the horses." Imthôlion said.

"No, I think we should just take the horses that are left and then go to back to the Inn. WE cannot afford to loose more horses than we already have. There might be someone "stealing" them as wel, if we leave them behind. I do think that seven horses are better than nothing...." Rostion said. Firil nodded, and expressed that she agreed with her husband.

"Okay, then. We'll do as Rostion suggestion. Seven horses are indeed, better than none at all. We will certainly be a bit delayed though...."Tanroth said and gave a short sigh. "Let us not waste anymore time here. Let us go back to the Inn." Tanroth added.

Garton gave them the horses that were left. He still seemed grumpy and irritated, even though Firiel didn't really have a reason too. It was them that had lost two precious horses. It meant even more delay....She was doubt that they would even reach the Grey Haven before the ship left.

"Who took our horses?" Firiel asked suddenly. The three men that were walking beside her looked at her with great eyes. Tanroth gave a short laugh. "I really haven't thought about that until now, when you mentioned it, Firiel." Tanroth said.

"Maybe some Rangers that have been in town or a coupe of nights....." Imthôlion said, knowing that the possibility of that was small. "Well, we can't exclude anything.." Imthôlion added when Tanroth looked at him. Imthôlion then shrugged, and asked if the others had any theories.

Tanroth didn't say anything for a long time; he seemed troubled though, and upset because of the two missing horses.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Thanks! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 10:40 AM November 26, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]