View Single Post
Old 12-11-2004, 10:14 PM   #8
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
What I love about this track is the choral opening, with the orchestra slowly easing into the background. It really sets the emotional stage for the film, and the rest of the music. In fact, up until the dropoff at 2:11, the choir is the central force of this track.
The choir is used so much throughout all the soundtracks, probably because it's so versatile. Certain instruments tend to have a characteristic tone to them (for example, it's difficult to make a flute sound angry, or a string bass to sound cheery). Yet a choir can achieve any sort of sound depending on the voicing and the chords. In this case, it definitely does set the emotional stage, and then creates the tension of the battle.

EDIT:

I just received an unsigned rep, which read as follows:

Quote:
Nice idea for a topic...alas that I cannot participate as I am not as talented in music as you obviously are.
Firstly, thanks for the compliment.

And secondly, no! This is negative thinking! Like I said previously, you don't have to be any sort of musical genius to participate. Music is all about emotion, and in the case of a movie score, it's also about carrying along the story. All you need to know is how the music makes you feel, and how it contributes to the storyline. If whoever sent that rep reads this, please don't be afraid to join in!

Last edited by Encaitare; 12-11-2004 at 10:33 PM.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote