View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 05:15 PM   #178
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
At first Ęšelhild had not much liked the idea of having to take Frodides upstairs. Though she had neatly stitched up the wound and dressed it tightly with a compress of Knitbone (Comfrey) root and Calendula oil, it was still tender. She wouldn’t be able to put weight on it for sometime and climbing stairs was the last thing she should do, but there was no help for it. The lower level was now littered with dust and debris. The mock hall was no better an option as there would be no peace for the woman to get the rest she required to overcome her shock. No up stairs was all that was left and after Thornden and Degas had assured her that they could see the injured woman safely up, she had relented.

After the men had left and Frodides had finally drifted off to sleep, Ęšel helped Kara to light a small fire in the hearth, to keep the room warm. She had not known where all the others had been when the wall had fallen only that Frodides had still been in the kitchen were she had left her only moments ago, noting that Thornden had realised the same thing and was trying to clear a way the debris to free the trap woman she had instinctively rushed to her room to collect the herbs and oils Meduseld’s healer had given her on his last visit. Only now, now that Frodides was safe and well did she think of the others and hoped that none of them had been in the hall when the wall fell, but still she had to be sure. So whispering, she told Kara that she thought she should go and make sure that there were not others requiring her assistance. Kara nodded, agreeing to sit with Frodides, until she or someone else returned.

“ I shall try not to be long and if I can I will also try to procure a kettle or something in which to brew a nice warm calming tea, perhaps Chamomile or lavender? Frodides will be thirsty when she awakes, and when memory of the state of her kitchen comes back to her she my need a little something to calm her nerves.”

Kara’s eye widened slightly at the thought, “Aye, perhaps it would also be best for you to advise our lordship not to pay visit till after she’s had the tea then!”

“Yes I believe that would indeed be wise,” she replied with a chuckled as she picked up her basket and again headed down stairs.

Reaching the bottom of the stairs she stood aghast, as finally the full extend of the damage lay before her. The front wall had fully collapsed in on itself, completely covering the old hall and blocking the way into the kitchen and Kara had already told her the damage within as they had lit the fire in frodides room. She had stood stunned for a moment, this would take months to clear up she thought, then with thought to how Lord Eodwine would be taking this she looked round.

She found him talking to Thornden, Degas and Falco were with him and to her relief neither Eodwine nor Falco seemed hurt. As she approached them she noted Linduail and Meneril sitting a little away lost in thought, but neither seemed hurt.

“M’lord!” She respectfully nodded in greeting. “I bring news of Mistress Frodides, The severe gash to her leg, though not deep still required some stitching. I also took the liberty of applying a compress of Knitbone root and Calendula oil, both to prevent infection and to aid in the healing, she will be fine, but she will have to stay off that leg for sometime. She is resting now in the west quarter on the second floor, but I think it would not be wise for you to visit until after there has been chance to brew ..eh…erm a more calming remedy.”

Falco let out a deep hearty laugh, catching on to what she was politely implying. “Even wounded she don’t lose that fire!” he roar digging Eodwine jovially in the ribs.

Ęšel said nothing but waited for the Lord to speak, before asking him if any others required her attention.

Last edited by Nerindel; 04-03-2006 at 05:25 PM.