View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 09:56 AM   #122
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, because Gwyllion had seen them and told him while he was alive! Roy shook with frustration that he could not gather enough air to answer the question. But his frustration ran deeper. He had been hoping for something more profound from the girl, some bit of deep wisdom worthy of dream. Why was it not enough that she was seeing right into his dream? That alone was frankly amazing. How was she doing it? But was Indil asking about Angela?

"Do" he breathed again with the small remaining capacity of his lungs "you" he paused again with a great effort "mean" he coughed a shallow, despairing, airless hack "Angela?" The world went dark.

"I can't keep myself alive, I need help," Roy said to the two women.

Angela looked angry with him.

Mithrellas frowned and said, "Do you not understand what you are?"

"What do you mean?"

"You lived in a time long ago when you and I made life together," she said, "and then you lived again in a time far in the future of Middle Earth, and came to know Angela."

"These things are either a dream or they are true," Roy answered.

"They are no dream," Angela stated flatly.

"What people live and die and then live again in Middle Earth?" Mithrellas quizzed.

Roy started shaking his head. "The Eldar," he answered simply.

"Do you know what you are, Imrazor?" Mithrellas quizzed further.

"Are you saying that I am-" Roy could not finish his question, but looked to Angela and said, "But I thought that you and I were destined for-"

"It is given to those born of Elf and Human to choose. Perhaps, Imrazor, you have never chosen?"

Finally Roy understood. His destiny was immortality of one kind or another, and these two women embodied the choices before him. But he was dying and needed more time to choose.

"I'm not ready for this!" he cried
and came to again. He looked at Indil again, knowing it was silly to expect an answer of wisdom from such a little girl, and breathed barely loud enough for her to hear, "What should I do?"