View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 01:42 PM   #23
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
He also voiced suspicion, perhaps jestingly, of Phantom and Kuru without offering any sort of explanation
I think that this can surely be written off as jest-Kuru and Phantom have hardly been trustworthy figures in two past occasions (that I can’t name more fully because past villages aren’t supposed to be referenced ). A hard look at the beginning can really be no more than jest in my opinion.

Quote:
Mormegil and Saucy both voiced suspicion of Kuru on the basis that he is a newcomer
I am not about to vouch for either Morm’s or Saucey’s innocence, but I will say that if you’re going to be suspicious because of accusations you have to be cautious. Someone has to cast the first stone, and history has generally been against those that do, and often unjustly.

I myself am one to wait until more evidence is heard, but what concrete evidence can we have until more unfolds? I would not wish for any further deaths solely for the purposes of having more evidence, but neither do I wish to cast hasty suspicions and votes and lynch an innocent! What to do?

edit: I am now split on the seer idea. I do see how it would help the villagers (that seems pretty obvious), but I also see 'short guy's' point about how it could potentially undermine some of the basic guesswork and sleuthing that are involved in the four-letter-word-that-starts-with-'g.'

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 06-03-2005 at 02:09 PM. Reason: concerns on the seer 'protection' idea
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote