View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 03:57 PM   #1393
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
What a delightful way to keep track of my various wanderings!

Let's see...
Day 1
The sky was cloudy today as I locked up the door of my beloved Bag End, placed the front-door key in my waistcoat and scurried to catch up with my companions, who were waiting at the entrance to Bagshot Row, eager to be off. We made good time for the first few miles, laughing and singing in time with our quick steps. We spoke of many things, (of Hobbit-lore and Númenor, and whether Balrogs have wings...) Still, too many second breakfasts began to tell on us, and our pace had slowed considerably by the time we reached Bywater, four and a half miles and nearly ninety minutes out. Only then did we realize that, like Bilbo, we had left our pocket-handkerchiefs back in our holes. Alas! Still, adventures must contain little adversities of this nature, so we were philosophic about the whole ordeal, and continued on. As I write this, the sky has begun to open, and it appears that much further perambulation will be impossible. So, with hearts still high our first day ends. We have not come quite so far as I had hoped; a mere six miles, and the lamps of Hobbiton are still quite visible in the twilight. Ah well. Tomorrow shall be better.
-Garen
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha

Last edited by Garen LiLorian; 02-17-2005 at 10:41 AM.
Garen LiLorian is offline   Reply With Quote