Thread: Unforbidden
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 12:05 PM   #13
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

At that point, someone burst into the room and screamed at the top of his lungs:

"YESSSS! IT'S BACK! I'M FREE AT LAST!"

Everybody was suddenly silent. Meneltarmacil's face turned a bright shade of red.

"Sorry," he apologized. "I got too carried away. I'm so glad to find I haven't been exiled."

For he had been shocked and confused to find the gates of the Barrow-Downs locked against him. He had knocked repeatedly and tried everything he could think of, but still the great gates had remained shut against him. Meneltarmacil had wandered far and wide over the paths of the Internet looking for answers, but he could find none. He was about to give up hope when he ran across mormegil, who had suffered the same fate. Menel also learned that both davem and Lalwendė (may their reputations grow ever larger) were also being denied access. Unless The Barrow-Wight had gone completely nuts and started banning everyone in sight, then Menel hadn't been forcibly exiled from the forum at all. He once again marched up to the gates of the Downs... only to find them just as mysteriously open as they had been closed before.

Which explained why Menel had just burst in on them. He sat down at one of the tables, set down his gear, and got a refreshing drink of water.

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 08-31-2005 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Making the story less ambiguous