View Single Post
Old 04-03-2004, 06:50 PM   #141
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

littlemanpoet, I understand your feelings, and I must admit it was rather difficult for me to lightheartedly look upon what Ędegard thought of Liornung. I do apologize if my post makes it sound as though Ędegard is a nasty one, but I myself in all sincerity don't believe he is and have been able to understand a bit of his personality as you have described it by how you have written your posts. However in your posts it is easier to see Ędegard's true personality for you also include those thoughts and feelings which he never speaks aloud. What he does speak aloud to Bellyn and Liornung is often a bit gruff and annoyed and it might give the impression to those who cannot see his thoughts (namely Bellyn and Liornung) that his personality fits his words. Liornung is a character who does not think it is an honorable thing to judge those by what they say but rather how they are, yet this is one thing he seeks to improve himself on for he doesn't have high skill, shall we say, in it yet.

But this by no means signifies that this is what I think of your character, and I do believe your posts would show readers his true personality rather than what his companions think of him. And take comfort that as Liornung spends more time with Ędegard he will begin to see more of what the latter is wholly like rather than mere first impressions. I do admit most humbly that I had forgotten Ędegard's kind comment upon Liornung's song while I did notice it and was intending to have a few understanding words exchanged between them.

Do you have any suggestions for how I should change the way I write of him? For while I did not think it would be well that Liornung think differently of Ędegard so quickly it is quite possible and perhaps even very probable that more than merely describing what Liornung thinks of him I have also given anyone who might read what I have written that that is how Ędegard really is. I will accept any suggestions most gratefully, and I hope humbly. Thank you!

Helen, I have been composing various tunes for Liornung's little songs, but haven't gotten so far as the ones I have posted upon this site. I am considering, however, creating just a little website entitled 'Liornung's Book of Songs' with all those songs he has composed and their basic melodies.

Must run now! Thank you for your attention so far!