Thread: Reputations
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2004, 02:50 AM   #82
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imladris
. Eventually, if that continues, everyone will be No Fool of a Tooks and then eventually everyone will have two squares.
Yes, I noticed that too. There are very few people left with the base rate, and even fewer who are slipping. But I think that's because the Downers typically make good posts, and there's the tendency among us to award good posts rather than punish bad ones.
Quote:
spreading reputation isn't the point of the forums.
Not really, no, but it has become a big part of it. It's a way of providing feedback. It's a way to express your opinion about a post, when you don't really have anything else to contribute to the discussion that is going on the thread.
Quote:
I just find it silly to look for good Old Discussion when good new ones are around you.
I'm sure there are. When I said old discussions, I was referring back to HI's post, where he said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerenIstarion
there is a plenty of old discussion here which I occasionaly reread, so it gets reputed and my twenty pass by in a wink of an eye.
Of course old discussions is just a way of saying 'any discussion that you know is good. It can be from a year ago or from a day ago.