View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 07:22 PM   #4
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
The setting

Spring equinox is two weeks away in Edoras but more significantly, the month of March brings remembrance of the culminating events of the War of the Ring. The Shirelings might not commemorate March 25 or September 22 but who is to say that the Rohirrim do not as their nation was more intimately involved in the War than was The Shire?

March 10: The Dawnless Day, the Muster of Rohan

March 15: The Battle of the Pelennor

March 17: The Battle of Dale and the ensuing Seige of Erebor

March 25: Sam and Frodo ascend Sammath Naur; Gollem and the Ring fall into Mount Doom. The Passing of Sauron. (See Appendix B to LOTR)

How will the Rohirim mark these events, so soon after their occurence? It is up to you to imagine, Writers of the Mark. Did your character fight in any of the battles? Did you have family or friends fall in the slaughter?

As for opening day of The White Horse Inn, Act III, it is mild, with the snow and ice melting into small rivulets and much mud. Eventually this water feeds the stream which flows out of Edoras into the Snowborne and on towards the marshes of the Entwash. The wind which blows in off the plains has lost its bitterly cold edge but nights are still very chilly.

(For more details about the walled, gated town of Edoras, please read "The King of the Golden Hal," chapter 6 of Book I of TheTwo Towers.)

It is mid morning and the Innkeeper of The White Horse, Aylwen Dreamsong, has been about her work already for several hours. The sun is shining brightly even though the air is cool.

Last edited by Bęthberry; 03-06-2004 at 02:16 PM.