View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 03:53 PM   #52
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Reading and commenting

Sorry, I've been super busy (and distracted) today, but I'm here now! The game looks like quite an interesting kettle of fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Okay okay, maybe let's start more slowly. For one: if I got the rules right, then we should select a representative (yeah, a real pity about The Phantom). What I propose however is that also everyone suggests (maybe via a "normal" vote, i.e. bolded and not highlighted?) the name the representative should deliver to the Guards. It is, of course, then up to the Representative whether they behave like a democratically elected representative of the majority and deliver the name of the most suspected person, or whether they pick the person they choose themselves...
Good idea. This is such a small village that we can't really afford to lose the evidence provided by traditional votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Also, since somebody has to mention this, and once again, the phantom isn't here to supply us with plans: since we are just waiting to get rescued, I wonder if a purposeful tie (or a purposeful miss of vote from the Representative) would actually be benefitial for the village. Meaning, the more there are of us, the greater chance we outnumber the Wolves, the bigger chance the Gifteds aren't mislynched, etc. Discuss?
That's a no from me. No votes = less interested people, less leads to follow, general drop in the vigilance of the masses, also less fun game.

Even though now that I think of it, given that we do not learn the roles of the dead, the evidence votes provide is even more murky than usual. So it's maybe not worth it to take a shot in the dark. But should we really only relay on the kills? And I don't want not to vote just in principle because that goes contrary to all my values!

As for representative, I would favour Legate. He's kinda volunteered by initiating the discussion on the rules, and seems to be up to date with them unlike many others.

edit: xed with the last couple of posts
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote