View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 10:43 AM   #20
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotrelf View Post
Ridiculous! I first thought it had something to do with the Grey Havens scene. This Eagle thingy I never really understood. Perhaps, for a while you can assume it to be true, but the story would be full of countless plot holes, I feel.
Another alternating Ending: Why not use a Robotic Machine to take the Ring to Mordor, and Gandalf and the Wise controlling it through a remote? Sounds ridiculous, right? Eagles' help is ridiculous too.
The Eagle thing is a legitimate proposition, and was originally proposed (I believe) by genuine people asking genuine questions. If the Eagles could help Gandalf at Orthanc and Moria, if they could even come to Mordor later on - was it really so hard for them to carry Frodo to Mount Doom right away? Not much trouble for them, evidently, but a lot less for the Ringbearer. It's a legitimate question, and bottomline answer is that you need a story in between. But it shows up so much that it became a sort of running joke in the LOTR community. There's a reason a Robotic Machine didn't really make it there.