View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 05:53 PM   #107
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annunfuiniel View Post
I must take part in this "for or against" oaks -discussion. Where I grew up oak didn’t survive very well the winters and was thus very rare. Now that I've moved to a somewhat milder climate (within the borders of this northern country) I truly am broud to be the owner of one (still quite young, but no matter) oak tree! Alas, beeches don't have much chance growing here, though now I'd really like to have some planted in my garden...
We have taken down about ten oaks this year, ostensibly for the firewood and to make room for a veggie garden, but coincidentally the beech trees now have a great deal more room to stretch their limbs.

THis year we are definitely siding with the entwives... at least around the house. Back acre is still entish.

Quote:
Don't have favorite flower for one specific character in mind but must say I can't think of a more elvish flower than gladiolus... Can't wait them to bud in my own flowerbed.
For some strange reason, at the moment, when I thought of Amroth I thought of Cosmos. I'm not sure why that makes emotional sense. I'll have to give it a lot more thought. Since his voice comes on the wind from the south-- but I'm not thinking of his voice, I'm thinking of his character... but I still don't get why I like the idea. Must ponder.