View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 08:38 PM   #116
Arcuwen
Pile O'Bones

Arcuwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arcuwen
Sting

Quote:
I do, however, have a desire to write fanfiction sometimes and have written a bit in the distant past. Lord of the Rings has been different, though, and I cannot seem to even begin to picture a fictional effort on my own part to hold up to the immense force of Tolkien's creation.
I have had the same problem. I have written a couple fanfics in my day, but as I reread them now and compare it to the works of Tolkien themselves they have all experienced a trip to the paper shredder. I feel as if I butcher the original story in my attempt to add something to it or fabricate a spinoff of some sort. So my creativity has been put to a better use as I have created my own fantasy story which will be on my website if/when I ever get that up and running... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Now that I think of my failed attempts at ME fanfiction, I see that my main character fits almost every definition of a MS. Eeek! Oh well, I was young and stupid [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] . One last thought before someone hits me with a brick for rambling: I have read about characters that are disliked by everyone and have an almost "punk" attitude nearly as much as I have come across 'Sues. Is that the new Sue? Or am I just a complete idiot? Oh, wait, don't answer that last question...
Arcuwen is offline   Reply With Quote