View Single Post
Old 05-29-2004, 02:35 PM   #202
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
1420! Varied Introductions

"Blanco Brandybuck at yours!" Blanco took Toby's hand again and shook it. Posco gently pulled his brother away, blushing and murmuring inaudible apologies. He put his own hand out and shook Toby's with a shy little smile, and Blanco said, "This is Posco Brandybuck, my brother." He put a firm arm about Toby's shoulders and put him in front of Marcho. "And this is Marcho... Marcho Brandybuck, who is my first cousin once removed... I think. He might have been my second cousin." Blanco turned and began questioning Posco about it. Marcho shook Toby's hand and managed a gruff little smile. "It's good to see another hobbit here," he said.

Bingo stood of his own accord and approached Toby with that beautiful smile, his large blue eyes shining with friendliness. Blanco thought again what an odd-looking hobbit he was. A whole year and he still thought of it. Bingo took Toby's hand, gave a queer little bow, and said, "Bingo Cotton of Buckland. I am most pleased to make your acquaintance, sir." He paused for a moment to let Toby take in his name before speaking again. "I'm very glad you enjoyed my friend Blanco's addition to your song. It was a lovely song, I think." Whether Bingo meant Blanco's addition or the original words Toby could not tell.

Bingo pulled a chair out from their little table and gestured for Toby to sit down. "Please, sir, if you would, sit, and I will go get you a drink."