View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 05:00 PM   #109
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Brodda

Brodda had spent much of his time in his lord’s hall since the Elves had made their proclamation. He had watched Ulfang’s vassals, listening to their conversations and their scheming. That had not been so much of a bother, as it was his usual task. But, he had not gathered much information at all. Mostly, the Ulfings were wasting their time with discussions of the Elves, something Brodda could care less for.

So, with nothing much to do Uldor’s right hand went in search of his master. Certainly not in the mood to check everywhere Ulfang’s eldest could be, he went to the most likely spot. He checked Uldor’s bedchamber, but there was no sign of him there. It didn’t even look as if he had even gone back to his room since the events in the hall. Thinking perhaps his master might be waiting for him, Brodda searched his own abode. And yet again, there was no sign of Uldor. “Hmm…Where else could he be,” the Ulfing wondered. Then, he remembered one other place. Jord, the strange female, had Uldor’s ear and he often visited her ‘home’. Exiting his dwelling, Brodda set off towards Jord’s residence. Along the way, a few Ulfings tried to stop and chat with him, but he blew them off. He had important business to take care of and had no time for the peons he felt they were.

Brodda himself had never been in Jord’s chambers. The few times he accompanied Uldor, he had remained outside. But he knew enough of what had gone on within, and to a degree he himself had become involved with the mysterious woman after approaching her at other times. But those all occurred with his boss around. He pressed his ear to the entryway, and hearing no one inside, thought to withdraw and wait for Uldor to find him. But a bit of curiosity overwhelmed Brodda, and he pushed his way in, hoping to go unseen.

Jord’s hovel was not as impressive as he had hoped. Shrugging off his misconceptions, he plopped himself down on a couch to wait for the missing occupant. Now was as good a time as any to get more involved, and perhaps it could undermine Uldor’s quest for power and at the same time increase his own chances for more of it.

When Jord finally arrived, she did not bother to look at him, asking her question with what seemed to be a hint of sarcasm. “The Elves are not what I would call ‘enjoyable’ company. Now you, Jord, are much more like what I might call enjoyable company,” Brodda replied with a laugh. “But, to business. I don’t want Uldor finding out about this little meeting of ours. So, are you interested in a proposition I have, dear Jord?”