View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 04:33 PM   #112
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
If truth be told, Lachrandir had been on the point of reacting to the surly reception of the Easterlings in rather the same manner that his page had just done. His hand had travelled quickly to the dirk at his side, meant for just such emergencies. But seeing Tathren respond to aggression with aggression made the elder Elf realise the policy's dangers.

"Steady, boy," he said in Quenya, laying his left hand on his companion's shoulder. His cold gaze did not deviate from the men in front of him, and he addressed them now, to make matters quite clear, in Sindarin, not their own language. The grey-elven tongue was understood by most of the Atani, though Easterlings especially often stumbled when speaking in it. But these Men were supposed to be Borrim, from the north, and to them it should be familiar enough.

"If you want a brawl, my page Tathren has shown you he is quite willing to bestow one upon you! For myself, I had rather not. We have come in all honesty and courtesy to talk to this Khandr, your master, the envoy from Himring. Much has transpired at the Hall that it is needful for him to know."

Last edited by Anguirel; 02-25-2007 at 02:18 AM.