View Single Post
Old 12-19-2002, 07:28 AM   #56
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

One small point-- well, perhaps not so small. Many of us are seeing the Theatrical version of TTT very soon after seeing the Extended Version of FOTR. Don't most of us agree that the Extended Version was far superior, because of additional character development and "essential" elements that never, never should have been cut (we cry!). We should give TTT the same slack. I find myself, this morning, (as I still reel in shocked disappointment regarding PjFaramir and PjFrodo) telling myself, "Lessons Learned-- Order the Collector's Exition Extended TTT online ahead of time."<P>Let me add for the record, that although I may be utterly horrified at what the scriptwriters (keel-haul them???) did to Frodo and Faramir, still, given what they were given, I loved the actors' interpretation and expression of it. Elijah and Wenham were formidable, and I look forward to the Extended DVD to see what else we missed.<P>I **SO** wish that Elijah Wood had read the Trilogy before all this came down, but even if he had, he was too young to face PJ down (as McKellen often did, waving the pages of canon at him.)<P>So... it's Alternate Universe fanfiction, and we've got a new, PjFaramir to deal with in addition to the PjFrodo. (sighs deeply) I'll get used to it, and learn the second version of the story. Like the Barrow-Wight said-- Faramir, you can't be tarnished; we know who you really are. And the same can and should be said for Frodo.<P>(Ents were great. Where were the Huorns?)<P>Wow, this was going to be one small point. More later... the "real" world calls.