Thread: Swan Wood - RPG
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2004, 09:23 PM   #213
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Are you afraid Jesslyn?" Laurel asked quietly as the two young women sat by Cartil's side. Jesslyn had nearly fallen asleep in her chair, and her eyes were bleary as she looked up at Laurel. Laurel was looking down at Cartil, who was looking up at his sister and waiting for her reply.

"I guess I am. Though, I feel selfish to say that I am scared for myself, and so I will admit that I am even more scared for those that I love and have come to know and love on this journey," Jesslyn replied, smiling and looking out the window as the darkness began to envelope Alphirion. "I guess it doesn't matter much though, for we've begun this fight for Alphirion and thus we must finish it, whether we are fearful or not."

"Well said," Cartil complimented, smiling and laughing light-heartedly. When he began to cough Laurel stood, offering to get drinks for herself and Jesslyn and water for Cartil. Then Laurel's wounded leg gave, and she fell back into her chair. Jesslyn immediately jumped up and went to get the drinks, and offered to get a nurse for Laurel but the other girl declined, claiming she was fine. With that, Jesslyn left the room.

"Will you be able to fight with your leg?" Cartil asked Laurel, worry in his eyes but certainty in his voice. Laurel nodded, smiling and resting a hand on Cartil's own. Then Laurel sighed and looked at Cartil. "And what about you, Cartil? Are you going to go out and fight as well? With your injuries?" Laurel inquired in return.

"Of course I will fight. I will fight for the innocent of Alphirion, and for their hopes for the future. I'll fight behind you, Laurel, and I'll fight for you," Cartil's voice started out strong and affirming, and ended in a determined whisper. Cartil took Laurel's hand in his, and pulled her close. "Laurel, I won't let you be taken by Cuor. I won't live to see you become some toy for a disgusting Wild Man."

-----

Adela kept her grey eyes locked on the one girl, the one who had remained silent. Who were these two? Adela wondered. The one that talked a lot obviously knew her saviour Stefan, but what was she rambling on about? Stefan looked increasingly worried as he continued speaking with the girl, and Adela wondered if something about the talker-girl was making him sick.

"She's probably hiding somewhere," The talker-girl continued, masking the emotion that had consumed her small face. "Probably in the woods! I mean, we are well but your family and my Papa were probably worried about us. There must be people all over the place!"

Adela laughed inwardly. Hiding? Ha! she thought ruefully, suddenly wondering where her own parents were, and where her family was. The talker-girl was obviously worried for her mommy, and Stefan hadn't seen her so maybe...No. Adela glared at the talker-girl. She didn't need to worry about her parents.

"Actually, Fiona," Stefan began, searching for words and wondering if he would even say them in front of Adela and Elena. "Here," Stefan grumbled, trying to hand Adela to Elena so he might speak with Fiona privately. Adela refused, squirming and wrapping her skinny arms around Stefan's neck. Stefan sighed. "Fiona, something happened earlier. I was with your mother in the woods and with about twenty others. We were trying to join the others going to the caves, but the Wild Men surrounded us. The men tried to fight back and a few of the warriors came to help, but a lot of them died. I don't know if your mother...I don't know if she...died, I don't think so... but she might be hurt really bad or even if she's not hurt at all, she's not here...I don't know. I just don't want you to worry where she is..."

Adela buried her face in Stefan's shoulder.