Old 05-13-2002, 04:21 PM   #171
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Location: A roaming Middle-Earth wanderer in the guise of a Ranger
Laiedheliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Laiedheliel
1420!

Wow, this thread is getting deep! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Apart from being a writer, I am also a singer. The music I write, sing, and listen to is always running through my head, and I draw upon it like a spring of inspiration. Much of my writing is derived from music, from rock to classical, and much of my music is inspired by characters in my writing. It's really cool to see a song emerge centered around one of my characters (even though no one else knows it's about my characters 'cept me), or sometimes I'll hear a song on my stereo that just perfectly encompasses everything I had been attempting to put into words about my character, or even an event.

Some songs make it harder to write, 'cuz the remind me of different things, but if I find a song I can relate to my story, I download it and jam while the ideas come pouring out of my hands, thanx to my stereo.

This is my fave way to write, with good tunes humming out of my speakers, and plotlines dancing to the beat in my head. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]