View Single Post
Old 05-14-2002, 10:21 AM   #177
Saxony Tarn
Wight

Saxony Tarn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saxony Tarn
Sting

well that was great! (thanks LMpoet, this round's on me! |_|) )

somebody else's turn to think of a good topic, my quiver's empty at the moment (excuse me while i go 'round the battlefield scavenging for arrows)

No, wait a minute, let's talk about that one character that's picking on the other one. Foils. Absolutely. Polar opposites, two North ends of a magnet, two bulls locking horns... How do we keep such character tiffs interesting (or at least entertaining) to the reader? (especially if both characters are the same gender, then it's not quite so easy to say, ah ha, i bet those two end up in love by the end of the story! i'm thinking of Mordigan and Sorcha in WILLOW here -- oddly enough, i'd cast Val Kilmer as my smart-arse Elf on the basis of that role. And Grace Jones for the half-Orc, if she's the one who played Zula in the second CONAN flick (Carlton Rex, help me out here) Don't know why, she just seems to fit the specs of 'deeply tanned butch female proficient in opening cans o' whoop-arse')

s.t.