View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004, 04:06 PM   #215
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Celegtâl led the band of Men slowly through the forest, while Caranduin walked behind, ensuring none straggled, and also leading the pack horse. The day wore on until the sun was only coming through the trees in the west, when finally the elves stopped.

The elves spoke quickly in their native tongue, and then Celegtâl leapt upon a lower branch of one of the great mellyrn and climbed effortlessly up the tree and out of the sight of the group. As he reached the area just below Erebemlin’s talan, he mimicked the call of a bird and immediately Taitheneb’s face appeared.

“Taitheneb, if I did not come seeking the council of Silmaethor, we would settle the debt you owe us for walking out on the work this morning.” Celegtâl’s eyes flashed mischievously before continuing, “But this debt we will settle another time.”

Taitheneb smiled and laughed at the younger elf’s words. He, too, knew Celegtâl well enough to recognize his fiery spirit. “You seek council, you say. What do I hear below us?”

“Men…two male, two female, and their horses.” Celegtâl noticed a flash of interest in Taitheneb’s eyes. “This does not surprise you, Mellon?”

“Yes and no,” Taitheneb paused with uncertainty. “I think you should come up.” The elf back away from the door and allowed the other to enter.

Celegtâl’s eyes widened as he looked across the flet and saw Erebemlin sitting beside a young man who was sleeping. Nearby another young man rested also. Taitheneb spoke quickly in a hushed voice, informing Celegtâl of the events of the afternoon. Celegtâl, in turn, revealed the nature of the group on the ground. After hearing this news, Taitheneb interrupted Erebemlin to inform him of the Men.

“These must be the others of whom he spoke,” Erebemlin gazed down on Amroth’s still sleeping face and then back to Taitheneb. “Let the ladder down.”

Last edited by alaklondewen; 05-14-2004 at 06:04 PM.