View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 07:03 PM   #49
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

As Nuru walked back into the kitchen, she caught sight of the notice put up by Cami. A huge smile appeared on her face, and she ran into the kitchen. Bilbo, Samwise, and his children were coming? Why, she'd known them even before the War of the Ring, introduced to them by Robin Brandybuck! She had been planning on visiting them while she was in the Shire, but she hadn't counted on having enough time. Now they were coming to the inn.

"Oh, I just can't wait to see them," said Nuru excitedly as she began cooking lunch. After burning some toast, she shoved the thought of seeing the hobbits again out of her mind so she could cook lunch properly.

After she had gone about, serving lunch to whoever wished for some, she stopped in front of the notice. "I'll need to help out if I'm to be allowed to go to the feast. Let me go talk to Cami..."

Nuru sought out the hobbit and then said, "Is there anything I can do to help prepare the feast? You see, Bilbo, Samwise, and I are very old friends. Oh, and my friend Rie... well, she would dearly love to come, I'm sure, but she's looking after-" Nuru lowered her voice to a whisper "-that grouchy hobbit woman's niece. Would you mind dreadfully if I snuck them into the party room so they could help?"