View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #811
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBrooke View Post
Personally, I hated the way it seemed that Slytherin automatically meant you were evil, with a few exceptions (and those weren't presented well either).
I heartily agree and add to that that for some reason almost all Slytherins look like trolls. In the 7th book Malfoy shows some, errr, loyalty, but then it doesn't really last...So fits your description perfectly. But I won't press that point to avoid spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBrooke View Post
...of course, Remus and Fleur are my favorite characters so....
*giggles* My personal favourite as a character is dear Belatrix....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel View Post
I thought the vocabulary in the narrative was fine. The truly awful bits were the dialogue. Yes, 'reckon' does seem to be her favourite word! She does a really poor imitation of British slang, sadly. They don't speak that badly
I'm quite sure that the anglophones across the pond use more colourful words than "reckon" and "bloke" (the two most common words there, IMO)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel
It's irritating how they gasp and gawk when I say I haven't read Harry Potter.
I sympathise. They did it to me before I read it. And they still do when I say that I know many better books than HP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel
PS - Can anyone tell me how to quote different bits of a paragraph at a time? I've no idea how
You can copy/paste the bit you want to quote, hilight the text, and click on the "quote" icon on top of the post-box-writing-thingy. The computer will automatically quote it for you. Or, you can type [QUOTE ] (except without the space) when the quote starts and [/QUOTE ] (again, no spaces) when it ends. You can add a =name for it to say "originally posted by X" (like this: [Quote=X ]...[/QUOTE ]).

Edit: Ah, wait, LBrooke has already said that. I posted before I got to her post. Ooops!