View Single Post
Old 06-16-2003, 10:30 PM   #24
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I have Posted in The Green Dragon Inn.

Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES, Holiday in The Sun, and Truth in a Dark Place.

NAME: Vieana (Finduilas’ Ladies.)

RACE: Man

WEAPONS: If you call a penetrating stare at her husband when he acts up a weapon…

APPEARANCE: Five feet seven inches tall, with a slender figure. Vieana is what you would call an extremely pretty young lady, but not overly beautiful and has a soft face behind long, straight ash-blonde hair and stone grey eyes, Vieana wears dresses in tones of grey, silver and light blue, occasionally green with various patterns of stitching. Never red, as she thinks it makes her look pale and sick. She is softly spoken, and her skin is neither pale nor dark either.

PERSONALITY: Vieana is the kindest person that you could ever meet, and always sees the good in everyone and everything, which often leaves her a target when it comes to evil schemes. She will never doubt her superiors and is very humble, as well as being very generous. Despite her placid nature, Vieana is seen as the light in the dark in times of trouble. Vieana is always happy and smiling, it takes a lot to faze her. Vieana is very good at solving problems as she is very intelligent.

HISTORY: Vieana grew up in Dol Amroth, daughter of a wealthy merchant. She is the youngest of six sisters, Viendiel, Viearen, Vanawen, Vanroch and Viendala. This however did not spoil her, as she is perhaps the most mature of her sisters. She was very well educated by a tutor her father insisted be brought to their mansion. Her life was very much like that, whatever her father wanted is what her father got, and he always insisted on the best. This however is not exactly what Vieana wanted out of life, as it was much to lavish for her and she couldn’t help think of the peasants who hardly had food enough to eat, which drove her to want to become a doctor, or nurse, something which allowed her to heal the sick and underprivileged. It was through her wealthy father that she had met the royalty of Dol Amroth and considered them good friends of hers. By the time she turned 17, her father had also introduced her to a 25 year old, High Guard of Dol Amroth, Dardanir, whom she fell in love with and married some months later. She now lives with him in his large house overlooking the barracks.

Everdawn's post

It was nearing dusk and the wind was high in Dol Amroth, Vieana hurried down the road from the palace, clutching her basket close to her. She had previously been there talking with her friends, she had bid Tessa and Finduilas and a few other of her friends goodnight and returned home. Leaving the palace, several guards had bowed to her and she swiftly nodded back. Vieana stood at the front of the gates of her home, which she shared with Dol Amroth high guard and son of a Dol Amroth general, Dardanir. It was a huge mass of sandstone, fenced by the same material with huge cast iron gates facing the exterior. Vieana was concealed under her emerald cloak, which prompted the guard at the front of her house to call out “Halt who goes there”

“Its me!” she called laughing. The guard bowed and let her pass. “So sorry madam” he stammered. “Not at all soldier, it’s nice to know that we are protected by such fine men!” This was typical of her; Vieana was one for giving compliments. Her father always marvelled at where Vieana lived, although her house was not as nearly grotesque in magnificence as her father’s mansion. Her father had been very glad that she married Dardanir, he said “Provides you with security me dear, and a handsome income.”

Vieana opened the door to the house and placed her basket down on a near by table. “Vieana my love, are you home?” a voice called from a side room, it was the voice of her husband Dardanir. He was tall and well built, with black shoulder length black hair and dark brown eyes, the perfect picture of a man, except for a scar down his left cheek. But Vieana never minded, she said it “added character”. He walked up to her and took her cloak. And led her to the lounge where she sat in front of the fire. Husband and wife talked for some time before Dardanir asked “You haven’t changed you mind have you? You are still going to start for Minas Tirith tomorrow?”
“I am, the universities there offer the best in medical education.” She said taking her hand in his.

The colour had drained from Dardanir’s face, as it did every time she mentioned the universities. “But, Vieana, what about our plans? I thought we were going to settle here, start a family!” he frowned. “We can still have a family, and besides, its not like I am going away forever, and you yourself spend more time there than you ever do here. And you know that whenever you need to see me you can get leave, your father can see to that.” He embraced her “You always seem to get the better of me, that’s why I love you so much.” They were quiet. Dardanir spoke again “Do you think Finduilas will be happy after you know…”
“…After the sea captain incident?... You know what? I think she will be very happy.” Vieana laughed and left to pack for the next day.

Vieana had arrived in Minas Tirith along with the others the night before Finduilas was to meet her new husband. She had not time to see anything as it was dark. Vieana slept well though she was woken early the next day. “Finduilas’ big day” she sighed to herself as she opened a door to a balcony and looked upon the huge city of Minas Tirith. “I do hope she will be happy.” She spoke aloud to no one. Vieana had a dress made for the occasion. It was grey, silver and white, her favourite colours, though one would argue she wore them too often. Vieana decided to wear her hair down, and placed upon her breast, the blue lily jewel her husband had given her. Taking one final look in the mirror, she headed down the corridor after one of the servants who took her to the other ladies.

Vieana smiled in admiration at Finduilas. She looked the picture of perfection. “I am sorry I am so late” she said waving to the others. “My dear, you do look wonderful, Dethenor will not be able to take his eyes off you.”

[ June 20, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

~My lord, Éomer~