View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 10:30 AM   #93
Tarlondeion Of Gondolin
Haunting Spirit

Tarlondeion Of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I thought the film was pretty damn good.<BR>I especially enjoyed the whole of Helm's Deep and the Ent's part. I thought that Viggo Morteson got Aragorn just right and Sam was really good too. I thought the Elves coming to Helm's Deep was godd and bad because it really took the focus from the actual men of Rohan which is what it was all about. I thought how Theoden rode out was of HD was brilliant. Gollum was pretty good but Frodo and Faramir were a lot different to what they are in the book. Faramir seems like Boromir's good brother in the book who isn't tempted by the ring and seems really noble but in the film he was kinda sinister. Frodo is meant to stand up to him and doesn't really. I thought the end with Sam's moral was great put across a lot of the message of the book but I didn't like the end of HD where Gandalf and Eomer ride down the slag heap with the riders of Rohan, it seemed a bit over dramatic. I thought the Gates of Mordor were brilliant though.<BR>Overall a great film!!!
Tarlondeion Of Gondolin is offline   Reply With Quote