View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 03:00 PM   #98
TolkienGurl
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

TolkienGurl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to TolkienGurl Send a message via AIM to TolkienGurl
Sting

<B>Túroch</B>: <BR>In that TIME magazine article, which I have, too, it says that TTT is the farthest from the books. So you don't have to worry that much about RotK!<P>And in that same TIME article, the writers have the gall to say "Tolkien's version" when comparing Arwen's movie role and book role. Tolkien's <I>VERSION???</I><P>*walks off mumbling*<P>Anyway, I also understand what you mean about people believing PJ's version as truth. I know some people who haven't read the book, and even though I tell them what <I>actually</I> happened, they still cannot get past the fact that "<I>that</I> wasn't the way it was in the movie!" <P>Ok, one last thing and I'll shut up. Actually, I think I've said this before. The faults I find with TTT movie are not in the characters themselves, but whoever's decision it was to <I>UNNECESSARILY</I> change whole characters and concepts just to stand out and appeal to the majority of Hollywood-hungry movie-goers (no one on here, of course). I believe that Peter Jackson and whoever else created the movie do not want to be totally associated with Tolkien and the books, so they changed all they could without causing a riot to make their own "version." I mean, they've gotten our attention, did they not?
TolkienGurl is offline   Reply With Quote