View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 04:03 PM   #101
Arod
Animated Skeleton

Arod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arod Send a message via Yahoo to Arod
Sting

I loved it!!! However like most of you I do have some gripes...the biggest being the way Faramir's character was "darkened". It just didn't feel right. The second is the where's Aragorn thing... okay it did work and I can see why they put it in (to add Arwen's character to the story somehow)but it was kinda goofy to me. IMHO<P>Finally, the one thing that really upset me (yes this is very picky but considering I love horses...) is the fact that Hasufel was a chestnut when he is described in the book as a strong tall grey. Then, Arod who in the book doesn't really specify a color, is grey when his description was noted as being a small firey horse. In my mind firey would be a bright chestnut, but that could've been the personality of the horse and not the physical apperance. Anyhoo... bottom line. Arod was grey and bigger than Hasufel, when it should've been the other way arround. <P>Also what was the horse's name that found Aragorn by the river's edge? I couldn't make out what he said and I am assuming (probably NOT a good thing for me to do) that it was Roheryn (Arwen's gift to Aragorn)however someone said his name was Brego... ugh that doesn't make sense since Brego was a man and NOT a horse.I'm confused.