View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 10:55 PM   #108
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Sting

Wow, so who died and left certain members of this forum in charge of perserving Tolkien's legacy? <P>Willie, I never thought I'd say this to anyone here, but you ought to try to reign your language in (I know what you're thinking: "look who's talking"). It's hard to take anyone seriously when they're cussing out someone they do not even know personally, and doing it on a cyberspace forum, no less. <P>If you love the books, you ought to take the movies with a grain of salt. No one has taken your copy and torn out the pages. What non-readers of the books take away from the movie is their business; if they choose to, they can read the book and will, hopefully, enjoy it. Otherwise they have just as much right to enjoy the movie and leave it at that. <P>Everyone is here to express their opinions, but throwing the eqiuvalent of a cyber-tantrum over such matters is somewhat laughable.