View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 12:49 AM   #10
Ar-Pharazon
Pile O'Bones

Ar-Pharazon has just left Hobbiton.
To Tolkien the Lord of the Rings was not fit for dramatization, there was just too much there to be put in a movie or even a trilogy. Many people believed that since the books have been around for half a century before someone took a strong stab at it.

PJ thought otherwise and after 8 years and $300,000,000 dollars he came up with his film adaptation. Even then it was not as good as the books, it opened up Middle Earth to people like me who are more atuned to visual stimuli then narrative. It made a fan out of me.

We gripe about details, and missing characters, and plot rearrangments, and missing chapters, but in the end we generally agree that this was the closest anyone has gotten. I feel sorry for the poor person that tries to do this again in like 30 years and top it.

Excerpt from ROTK-EE
"We now have two paths into middle earth. One way as written by Tolkien, and one way as written by Tolkien and interpetted by Jackson."