View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 12:07 PM   #11
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
The films indeed are great and when I watch them I cannot help but feel admiration towards those that made them, and thank them because they deserve thanks.There are a lot of scenes that still move me deeply, such as the ride of the Rohirrim, wHich is my favourite. But exactly those scenes make me sure that they could have done much better if they had not changed so many things for the sake of viewers that can never understand whatLOTR really means. Although now I forgive many of these things, there are some that I cannot. For example the scene where Aragorn attaks the Mouth of Sauron. My respect for Aragorn-wich, I must admit, is very deep-does not alow me to forgive it. I think that, indeed, LOTR was a good movie, and that no Tolkien fan cannot help feeling proud of it for the tiumphs that it had, but neither can he overlook the things that have been so badly altered.